Friday, September 7, 2012

$20 makeup tag?....yea right!

So consider this my realistic $20 makeup tag or consider this a start up kit ideas. This tag has been going around YT for the last few months and everytime I watch I think to myself "How could anyone spend just $20 on a full face?" So I tried to keep it do-able and set a limit of $100, and boy once I started brainstorming it was even harder than I thought. So here is the list I came up with including drug store items and mid/high items.

Face:
L'Oreal BB Cream- $7.99
MAC prolong wear concealer- $18.00
Maybelline Dream matte powder- $6.94
ELF flat top powder brush- $3.00
MAC Mineralized blush- $23.50

Eyes:
NYX HD primer- $6.00
Maybelline color tattoo- $5.94
Wet N Wild eye shadow trio- $2.99
L'Oreal Voluminous mascara- $5.84
ELF eye shadow brush- $1.00

Lip:
Aquaphor Healing Ointment $4.79
Mac lipstick- $15.00

Grand total $100.99
These are all full priced items found in my local Target and from maccosmetics.com. So clip your coupons and try to find a sale so you can add something else with all the money you saved!

The finished product:
Face: BB cream as primer, Mac concealer (I used NC35) mixed with a bit of concealer for foundation, Matte powder (I used medium 2.5) to finish.
Eyes: NYX HD primer, color tattoo (bad to the bronze) on the lid, MAC blush (fad-dabulous) in the crease, WNW trio (Walking on Eggshells) used as a highlight. L'Oreal voluminous maascara.
Lips:  MAC Plum Dandy

*small rant* I don't want to say I hate the L'Oreal voluminous mascara but I was not to impressed. It clumps alot in my opinion, but gives fairly good length and volume. But I spent way to much time trying to get it to work for me to appreciate it. I would spend the extra $2 and get the double extend from L'Oreal, I think it works so much better and didn't have to worry about clumping or raccoon eyes. After these pictures the voluminous mascara hit the garbage.




No comments:

Post a Comment